Dada artist: Hannah Höch exploring the dark side Corneliu Baba randoms forgotten realities 90s flashback: heroin chic poem-photo-painting

 

Dec 20, 2010

senses of favourite

Edgar Allan Poe (1809 – 1849)

"...You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream."


A Dream Within a Dream (1849)

***
Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886)

"This is my letter to the world,
That never wrote to me,

The simple news that Nature told,

With tender majesty.


Her message is committed

To hands I cannot see;

For love of her, sweet countrymen,

Judge tenderly of me!"


This Is My Letter to the World

***
Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 – 1894)

"I have a little shadow that goes in and out with me,
And what can be the use of him is more thank I can see.
He is very, very like me from the heels up to the head;
And I see him jump before me, when I jump into my bed.
..."

My Shadow

No comments:

Post a Comment